With supermarket delivery slots as rare as hen’s teeth, not everyone has been able to replenish their wines stocks. However, the easing of the Lockdown should mean that most members are now able to venture out to the supermarkets for their groceries and to secure those all-important wine supplies.
As a service to our members and guests, the AWBS would like to invite you a virtual tasting of a sample of supermarket sourced wines that we’ve been enjoying during these trouble times.
Roger & Robin will present 6 wines sourced from different supermarkets, and you are welcome to self-purchase one or more of the wines we will be presenting to taste along with us in this first, AWBS virtual event.
We invite you to “book” your place as usual, and a Zoom invitation will be sent to you .
To book your place, please email Robin
List of wines to be presented:
1) CEO Godello Monterrei (white) £7.99 Lidl
2) Velada Valencia Muscatel/Gewurztraminer £5.99 Lidl
3) Winemakers Selection Clare Valley Riesling £6.99 Lidl
4) Most Wanted Pinot Noir, Nelson 2018 £10 Sainsburys
5) Di Marco, Primitivo 2018 £5.00 Tesco
6) Yellow Tail, Shiraz 2019 £6.00 Tesco
In reply to some of the questions asked:
1. It is not necessary to buy all the wines. Its your discretion whether to purchase one, some, all or none of the wines. You’re still happy to join the session: even if its just as an excuse to meet up.
2. With the event being virtual, there is no limit on the number of people who can attend. However, booking is required for the Zoom invitation.