Please read through the Terms and Conditions of membership to BBC Club. Your conduct indicates that you agree to be bound by these Terms. BBC Club may change these Terms at any time by posting changes online
Qualification for membership
1. In order to qualify for BBC Club membership and access the Club facilities and services you must retain one of the follow status:
- BBC or BBC Worldwide employee
- Employee of one of the BBC partner companies in possession of a valid BBC ID pass
- Freelance Contractor for BBC or BBC partner in possession of a valid BBC ID pass
- Retired BBC employee in receipt of a BBC pension.
2. Friend or Family member of any of the above qualified members where the qualified member acts as the primary member. The friend or family member may only remain as a member for as long as the primary member retains their Club membership.
3. In order to join the gym you must be a Full, Friend & Family, Retired or Club Life member.
4. In order to join the lottery you must be an Affiliate, Full, Friend & Family, Affiliate Friend & Family, Retired Friend & Family or Club Life member.
5. In order to join a Connect club you must be an Affiliate, Full, Friend & Family, Affiliate Friend & Family, Retired Friend & Family or Club Life member.
6. If you have been a full Club member for 5 years and leave the BBC of your own accord or retire you can continue to be a paying Affiliate Club member which will make you eligible for membership of Connect clubs and Club lottery.
7. If you have been a full Club member for 3 years and are made redundant you can continue to be a paying Affiliate Club member which will make you eligible for membership of Connect clubs and Club lottery.
8. If you provide a service to a Connect Activity club such as instructing or qualified maintenance you can continue to be a paying Affiliate Club member on leaving BBC. You must complete a non contractor Affiliated membership form and this will be reviewed every 3 years.
9. On joining the Club you will agree to have your photograph and details retained on the Club membership system or you will forfeit your membership.
10. Membership Fees will be collected on 15th month by payroll deduction or direct debit accordingly except where a member has paid in full up front for a set period of time.
11. For Friend & Family members the Primary member must pay the fees for said family members either by payroll or direct debit or a combination thereof.
Collection of membership fees
12. Salary deducted Fees will be collected on 15th month in respect of that calendar month. Memberships will run from 1st month – 31st month.
13. Direct Debit Fees will be collected in advance on 15th month and memberships will run from 15th -14th of the month.
14. Pro-rated fees on Joining
a. When joining the Club or gym membership through payroll a pro-rated fee will be charged on joining to cover the period from the date of joining to the 1st of the following month. The first payment collection will then be made on 15th of the following month. E.g. join 14th September – a prorated fee will be charged to last day of month (16 days) and the first payment payroll deduction will be collected on 15th October.
b. When joining the Club or gym membership by direct debit a pro-rated fee will be charged on joining to cover the period from the date of joining to the 14th of the following month. The first payment collection will then be made on 15th of the following month. E.g. join 14th September – a prorated fee will be charged to 14th month (30days) and the first payment payroll deduction will be collected on 15th October.
15. When joining the lottery the first payment will be collected on 15th of the month and your first entry be made on 31st of the month following the date of joining. E.g. join 14th September your first payment will be made 15th October and your first entry to the draw 1st October.
16. When joining a Connect club, your membership will run from the date of joining for a full year. Membership will then be renewed on an annual basis by upfront payment or direct debit on the anniversary of joining. If renewing by direct debit the payment will be deducted on the 15th month following the renewal date.
17. BBC Club reserves the right to alter membership fees upon giving 30 days notice to members. Notification of fee changes will be posted on the website.
19. Membership Termination. Full, Club or gym memberships can be cancelled either individually or as a whole upon giving 30 days written notice to the membership department at email@example.com
a. For payroll deductions. Upon giving written notice of the intended cancellation, your membership will run until the end of the calendar month for which the notice is given. Cancellations notified in the first half of the calendar month, the final payment due will be on or around the 15th of the same calendar month. Cancellations notified in the second half of the calendar month, no further payments will be due. Termination of membership will be on the last day of the calendar month.
b. For direct debit payers. Upon giving written notice of the intended cancellation, your membership will run until 14th month for which the notice is given. Cancellations notified in the first half of the calendar month, the final payment due will be on or around the 15th of the same calendar month. Cancellations notified in the second half of the calendar month, no further payments will be due. Termination of membership will be on the 14th of the month.
20. For upfront payers and Connect memberships, membership will be suspended from the renewal date until such time as further payment is made. Membership will be cancelled if not renewed within 14 days of the renewal date.
21. In the event you leave BBC but you wish to continue to remain an active member of any Connect Clubs you currently subscribe to, your Club membership may be converted to an Affiliate Member and payments adjusted accordingly until that membership expires. After this time both Club and Connect club memberships will cease.
22. In the event that a Primary Member cancels their membership, associated Friend & Family memberships will be cancelled at the same time.
23. Prices for Club products and services will be advertised as Member and basic prices at point of sale. Full, Friends & Family, Retired and Club Life members will be offered discounts on selected Club products and Services.
24. Discounts will only be applied to certain items and BBC Club reserves the right to alter or withdrawal these discounts at any time.
25. BBC Club will periodically run member promotions where additional discounts will be available to members. These promotions will be applied for a fixed period of time only.
26. Members must present their membership card at point of sale in order to qualify for the member discount. BBC Club reserves the right to refuse discount if the member is not in possession of their membership card.
27. Membership must be current to qualify for member discounts. No discounts will be given to suspended or cancelled members. Affiliate members do not qualify for member discounts.
28. BBC Club reserves the right to refuse discount to any members with an outstanding debt, until that debt has been cleared.
29. For individual members the member discount will only be applied in a single transaction against the first item in any area e.g discount will be applied to the first bar item, catering item but only to the first item if two bar purchases are made.
30. If a member wishes to purchase a round on behalf of other members they will qualify for multiple discounts on items from one area in a single transaction so long as all the members’ cards are presented at point of sale. E.g. if a members wishes to purchase four pints for other members all four pints will qualify for discount providing the other member cards are presented at point of sale.
31. BBC Club will not permit tabs unless this has been pre-arranged with Club or Shift Manager in respect of a hospitality event.
32. Any abuse of this system may result in your membership being revoked.
33. BBC Club takes your safety seriously. In order to gain access to Club Alive facilities and services you must complete a medical questionnaire (Par Q). Failure to do this will result in termination of your membership. Such information is treated confidentially and accessed only by Club Alive staff for the purpose of assessing your suitability to exercise or developing your exercise programme. Information is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. For more information visit http://www.bbcclub.com/privacy-policy.
If your circumstances change in a way which may impact on your suitability to carry out Club Alive exercise or activities you MUST inform the Gym Manager and/or BBC Club in writing.
34. Members will receive priority bookings for Club activities:
- Classes – 7 days ahead Full Members , 3 days ahead BasicMembers
- Courses – 60 days ahead Members, 21 days ahead basic Members
- Events – 60 days ahead Members, 14 days ahead basic Members
35. Where events have a shorter lead time than laid out above, priority booking dates for members will be advertised separately.
36. In the event that a member books an activity within the basic Member booking period places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
37. Users may book activities for single sessions. The duration of these sessions depends upon the activity.
38. Bookings can also be made either on line at www.bbcclub.com in person or by phone with the BBC Club Hub on ext 26666 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at a Club site or gym. See website for contact details www.bbcclub.com/together
Payment for bookings
39. Payments for bookings are required at the time of booking.
41. BBC Club does not retain any credit or debit card information used to pay for bookings.
Cancelling an activity booking
42. Activities cannot be cancelled online.
43. BBC Club members may cancel their activities via telephone or in person up to 12 hours in advance of the activity start time and a full refund will be given.
44. In the event of a booking cancellation after the cancellation notice period of the activity start time stated above, an alternative booking slot may be offered at BBC Club’s discretion. No refunds will be given.
45. BBC Club reserve the right to cancel an activity if it does not reach the minimum number of attendees required. In the event of an activity being cancelled by BBC Club a full refund will be made.
46. Anyone failing to show for a booking will be charged the full amount for that activity. No refunds will be given.
47. Once registered for a class you must be in attendance at least three minutes before the class commences, any later and your place will be reallocated as a standby
48. BBC Club reserves the right to restrict the future booking requests of members who fail to cancel three activity places in the appropriate manner or timeframe.
49. The claim period for prizes ends at 11pm on the 365th day after the relevant draw.
50. Full Terms and Conditions for the Club Lottery can be found on the Lottery page of the website. http://www.bbcclub.com/extra/lottery
51. Members and visitors are not permitted to bring food or drink into the Club for consumption on the premises.
52. Members are not allowed credit facilities - all services and consumables must be paid for at the time they are provided. Payment can be made by cash credit card, or by debit card.
53. We do not give refunds to members who do not have access to certain BBC buildings. Access needs to be arranged by the member with BBC directly.
54. Rudeness and abuse to any BBC Club staff will not be tolerated. The guilty party will have their membership revoked immediately & any remaining membership monies will be refunded. The guilty party will not be able to re-join the Club without the Managing Director or Board’s approval.
Data protection and privacy
Liability of members
56. The liability of each member is limited to £1, being the amount that each member undertakes to contribute to the assets of the company in the event of its being wound up while he is a member or within one year after he ceases to be a member, for:
- payment of the company's debts and liabilities contracted before he ceases to be a member;
- payment of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up; and
- adjustment of the rights of the contributories among themselves.
Cooling off period
57. By law, customers in the European Union have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item, which includes Club membership, for a specified period after purchase.
58. In our case, this means that you must advise us in writing i.e. by letter or email within seven working days of joining that you wish to withdraw. Our contact details are listed below and displayed in the 'contact us' section of the website. This applies to all of our services.